Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo, popularly known as the star of Africa was born on the 26th of August, 1948. He attended the Ghana Technical Works Institute in Kumasi after his basic school and had three year training as a welder with the Volta Aluminium Company (VALCO).
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo is a patriotic African and believes strongly in the creation of wealth within the borders of Africa rather than relying on foreign assistance.
out the greatest philanthropic activity in Ghana.
His good works and kind gestures have earned him awards from governments and countless institutions. These include but not limited to
- 2012- Liberian Golden Image Award for contribution to humanity and towards peace for the people of Liberia
- The Order of the Volta (Member Division) in 2007
- The Millennium Excellence Award, Best Philanthropist in the Humanitarian Category in 2006
- He was appointed Member of the National Council for Tertiary Education in 2006
- Associate Member of the Ghana Institute of Engineers in 2004
- The Industrial Pinnacle Award, Winner of Gold in Industrial Development Engineering in 2004
- The Industrial Pinnacle Award, Winner of Platinum Service to Humanity in 2004
- The Industrial Pinnacle Award, Winner of Platinum in the Agric and Food Production Category in 2004
- State Honor, Grand Medal (GM) Civil Division for Exemplary Leadership, Technology Ingenuity and Deep Concern for the Deprived in Society in 2000
- Charted Institute of Marketing, Special Award in Marketing Agricultural and Technological Skills through the Youth in 1999
- Honorary Doctor of Law Degree from the University of Ghana in 1999.
Apostle Dr. Kwadwo Safo is undoubtedly the African hero of our time.
We hope that our leaders would help the continent tap the optimum benefits from this great legend before it is too late.
Africa Redemption Magazine, Still Sounding the Africa Re-Awake drums.